Sunday, January 2, 2011

Animals In Winter Printables!

The children and I will be doing an Animals in Winter unit after next week. There are many wonderful resources out there for activities, but I have created three of my own for workbox time. I REALLY hope you can make use of them. They are geared towards PreK to Kinder level, my younger daughter will be doing more hands on activities which I will post about later on in the month:


This is a mini-reader. You can read it to your child whilst adding your explanations of why the animals are sleeping, how they find food in the winter etc. The could also color in the pictures. 


This is a coloring page, which could also be used as a mini poster!


This is a sorting worksheet. You will teach your child the simple defintions of adaption, hibernation and migration. Talk about what each animal does, then have your child cut and paste into the correct box!

I used graphics from the GRAPHICS FACTORY! Be sure to sign up for the Graphics Factory giveaway!!

Apologies for not offering a larger pack I actually have more in the works, think of this as Part One! 
We will back to normal from January 8th (I have family from the UK here), so hopefully I'll be throwing more printables at you!

As always ... thanks for stopping by!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Itsy Bitsy Learners! I love your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Information

All lesson plans (written description/instruction/ graphics/original artwork), content of blogposts (words and pictures) and graphics are protected by copyright.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


http://www.copyright.gov/

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions